This policy (along with our regulations of use and other documents referred to therein) defines the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you present to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following rigorously to know our views and practices regarding your unique knowledge and the way we’ll treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is BACKGROUND MARKETING of 1010 Cambourne Business Park,Cambourne Cambridge, CB23 6dp.
Information we may gather from you
We might gather and use the following knowledge about you:
- Information that you present by filling in forms on our web-site BACKGROUNDMARKETING.CO.UK. This includes information offered at the time of registering to make use of our web-site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting additional services. We may also ask you for further information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by BACKGROUND MARKETING, and] when you report an issue with our site.
- If you contact us, we might keep a record of that correspondence.
- We can also ask you to complete surveys that we use for analysis functions, although there is no reason to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you perform through our site and whatever the fulfilment of your orders.
- Information on your visits to our site together with, however not limited to, traffic data, location knowledge, weblogs and other communication knowledge, whether this is required for our personal billing purposes or otherwise and the assets that you access.
We might collect details about your computer, together with the place available your IP address, operating system and browser, for system administration and to report combination info to our advertisers. This is statistical knowledge about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and doesn’t identify any individual.
Where your data is stored
The place we have given you (or the proximity of chosen) a password that lets you access components of our site, you are in charge of maintaining this password confidential. We ask you do not to present a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your unique data, we cannot guarantee the safety of your knowledge transmitted to our web-site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have acquired your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to experiment with to stop unauthorised access.
Uses made of the knowledge
We use information held with regards to you in the subsequent methods:
- To ensure that content material through our website is presented in the most effective method simpler for you and for your computer.
- To give you information, services or products that you simply request from us or which we perceive may curiosity you, where you have consented it don’t need to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts included in between you and us.
- To permit you to take part in interactive elements of our service, when you decide to pursue so.
- To notify you about modifications to our service.
We may also utilize your data, or permit selected any other companies to utilize your knowledge, to give you details about items and services, that may be of interest to you, they usually or we might contact you about these by
If you are a present buyer, we will simply contact you by digital means (e-mail or SMS) with information about items and services just like these, should have the tanks the topic associated with a previous sale to you.
Assuming you are a new buyer, and where we permit chosen third parties to utilize your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data using this approach, or to move your particulars on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the related box located on the shape on which we collect your data.
We don’t disclose information about identifiable people to our advertisers, however we might provide them with combination details about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 males aged beneath 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We can also use such combination information to help advertisers attain the kind of audience they want to target (for instance, ladies in SW1). We might employ the personal knowledge we now have collected from you to enable us to adjust to our advertisers’ needs by displaying their commercial to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any participant in our group, which suggests our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding firm and its subsidiaries, as outlined in part 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or purchase any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal knowledge to the prospective vendor or buyer of that enterprise or assets.
- If BACKGROUND MARKETING or considerably all of its assets are taken over by a third party, in which case personal knowledge held because of it about its customers shall be one of many transferred assets.
- If we really wish with a duty to disclose or share your personal knowledge in order to comply with any authorized obligation, or so as to implement or apply our regulations of use or stipulations of supply and other agreements; or to guard the rights, property, or security of BACKGROUND MARKETING, you, or others. This includes exchanging info with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud safety and credit score danger reduction.
You have the authority to ask us not to use your unique data for advertising purposes. We will most likely inform you (before amassing your data) if we have in mind to utilize your data for such functions or if we intend to reveal your info to any third party for such purposes. You’ll be able to exercise your rights to stop such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to gather your data. You can also invoke this right at any point by contacting us at INFO@BACKGROUNDMARKETING.CO.UK.
Our site might, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a hyperlink to any one of one of these websites, please note that one of these websites have their own privacy policies understanding that we do not accept any duty or legal responsibility for these policies. Please check these insurance policies before you submit any private data to these websites.